STEP ONE: Create Your New Account
Registering Your Account
Welcome to your new ordering platform! To set up your account, follow the steps outlined in this document.
You can become an online customer one of two ways!
1. You will receive an email inviting you to an online store.
2. You found the online store yourself and registered.
If you received an email inviting you to an online store:
- Click View Store A pop-up window will appear.
- Fill in the information (address, password, etc.)
- Click Get Access
You will shortly receive a notification email that you have been approved
If you register independently:
1. Fill in the information requested
2. Click Create your account
You may need the supplier to approve access before you can order. You will be notified if you do and when you are approved.
The next time you log in take the following actions:
- Type www.localline.ca in your browser.
- Click Login on the top right corner of your screen and enter your credentials
STEP TWO: Set Up Your Account
Edit Your Account
- Click the Silhouette in the top right-hand side of your screen
- Click Edit Account
- Here you can change your email, name, password, add roles and users
Add a Role
Please note that only Account Owners can add team members.
- Click the Edit Account tab
- Click Add A Role tab and fill in the role name in the field (i.e. Accountant, Sales Rep, Operations Manager)
- Set the permissions for each required role
- Click Add New Role
- Fill in name of the role(s) you wish to create and select the permissions. You can edit the “role permissions” at any time.
Assign a User
One you have added a role, you can assign one or more users (your team) to it.
To add a User:
- Click Edit Account
- Click the Users tab
- Click Add A New User
- Fill in the fields with user name and email
- Ensure to check Activate Account
- Click Add New User
**Your new user will receive an email invite to Local Line.
You can add and remove users at any time.
STEP THREE: Start Shopping
Once you’ve clicked Get Access, the online store will be visible. The products available to you can be viewed under Product Catalog on the left side of your screen.
Use the Products search bar or the clickable Categories to find your desired products
To learn more about a product, click on the blue product name, a pop-up window will appear. (You can always contact the supplier with questions)
Note: You can add products using the counter in this pop-up.
To order products, you can add products to the cart from the list format shown below, your cart will fill on the right of the product list.
- You can also add products once they are in your cart, using the counters
- Products can also be added in the product model (pop-up)
When you're finished adding off of the products you want, click Checkout
Completing Your Order
An order summary will appear on your left. Delivery and Pickup options are displayed on the right.
Delivery & Pickup Options
- Select Delivery or Pickup from the dropdown menu (if there isn’t a Pickup option you will only be able to choose delivery)
- Select your delivery date from the date picker
3. Click Order Notes to include a message for the Supplier with your order.
Notes should include:
- Where to deliver (back door, front door, buzz, etc)
- Who to ask for
- Hours of operation or when you can accept the delivery
4. Click Place Order
A confirmation will appear.
You will also receive confirmation to your email.
- Click on the Orders tab
- See order history with Supplier, delivery date, total
- Click View beside the order you want to view in more detail
Here you can view:
- Date order was placed
- Delivery date
- Payment due date
- Add any special order notes
- Mark when the order is paid
- Add products and update your order
Invoicing & Payment Methods
Once the supplier receives your order, they will send an invoice either through the platform or they may wish to use an alternative payment method: cheque, e-transfer, credit card, COD or online.
If the supplier wishes to receive payment online, a Pay Now button will appear on the invoice. If the supplier doesn’t have online payment set up, you will not see the button.
To Pay Online:
- Click the Orders tab
- Open the order
- Click Pay Now
Learn About The Supplier
Click the About tab and view:
- Contact info
- Delivery areas
- Business bio
Viewing & Enlarging Photos
- Click the Photos tab
- Click on the photo to enlarge it
- To move between enlarged photos use the forward and back arrows on either side of the image
Message Your Supplier
- Click the conversation icon to the left of the Edit Account silhouette
- Select the Recipient from the drop down menu
- Type your message in the conversation box
- Click “Send” when you’re ready
Reach Out To Local Line
- Email us at email@example.com and one of our team members will be happy to assist you